The Early Learning Institute believes families are an integral part of the child’s programming and provides many services to support families. Through family engagement programming, we ensure families are involved in the development of their child’s program and have opportunities to attend informational sessions about applied behavior analysis and specific approaches that are effective with children with ASD.
We know from research that children with ASD experience optimal outcomes when families are directly involved in the delivery of applied behavior analysis and can ensure behavioral therapy is administered across all of the child’s environments. In addition to family engagement and informational sessions, we provide ABA training to all families so that they learn to administer many of the procedures used within the Early Learning Institute.
Families interested in enrolling their child can expect the following process.
- Contact us to schedule a tour and learn about the program.
- Download and fill out an application. You may fax it, mail it or drop it off at the Institute.
- The Early Learning Institute admissions team will reply within 3 business days of a submitted application:
- We will schedule a preliminary screening or
- Refer you to another provider if your child does not meet preliminary criteria
- Once a screening is scheduled, you will come to the Early Learning Institute for a 90-minute assessment during which time our Clinical Director will administer a skills assessment to your child while one of our clinicians will conduct an interview with a parent/guardian.
- Our admissions team will contact you within five business days of a completed screening to let you know if your child has been accepted.
- Once your child is accepted into the program, you will have a limited amount of time to accept the position and complete final paperwork.
- If your child is not accepted into the program, we will provide references to other providers in the area.
Your privacy is protected: The Early Learning Institute respects your privacy and is compliant with all HIPAA Privacy Regulations. Read our privacy policies.
Frequently asked questions from families about the Early Learning Institute
Is my child eligible for the Early Learning Institute?
Children must meet the following requirements: (1) have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, (2) be between the ages of 2-4 by September 1 of the year in which they enroll in the fall, and (3) be eligible for a high level (greater than 24 hours per week) of behavioral therapy. The Early Learning Institute will conduct a preliminary screening to help determine a recommended treatment level.
What can I do if my child is not eligible, or the program is full?
We are happy to help guide you by giving you referrals to other program options in your area.
How do I enroll my child in the Early Learning Institute?
The enrollment process begins by contacting us to ask questions or schedule a tour, and then submitting a completed application, along with required paperwork. Learn more about the enrollment process.
What does a typical day look like?
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Medicaid, BCBS, and BCN.